Are you looking for a fun after school club for your children that will benefit the mind and the body? Would you like to spend some quality time with your children having fun together?
Butterfly Kids Yoga Club has the solution for you. They offer toddler yoga, children’s yoga and family yoga classes in Wandsworth and Southfields.
Forget about adult yoga! Children’s yoga is noisy and more energetic! It includes singing, games alternated to mindful moments and relaxation at the end. Kids yoga is a fun way to combine movements and mindfulness activities. Yoga postures and breathing techniques are taught in a form of storytelling promoting creativity where every pose turns into an animal or natural element. Children’s yoga boost confidence and helps kids building a positive image of themselves thanks to positive affirmation. The aim is for kids to leave the class feeling happy and relaxed.
Children are encouraged to express themselves and their imagination making up yoga postures and in circle time. Natural elements feature in the classes so that children can start appreciating our planet and looking after it. Every class has a different theme. Are you ready to travel back in time to meet dinosaurs or to take a plane all the way to Africa to meet giraffes, lions and be splashed by an elephant?
The teacher, Elisa, is highly trained in Psychology and Education and has over 15 years of experience working in childcare & education. She plans educationally focused classes to help children achieved their developmental milestones and gives extreme important to mental health. Elisa is first aid trained and DBS checked.
They offer different types of classes:
- Toddler yoga: because it’s never too early to start! Natural progression from Mummy & me yoga, in this sensory filled and educationally focused class, toddler and parent/carer and encouraged to practice yoga postures together. Suitable from walkers up to 3 years old.
- Children’s yoga: divided in age group to follow child development is offered as after school clubs. Suitable for children from 2 and half up to 12 years old.
- Family yoga: child centre class where all the family can practice together! It’s longer than the other classes and promotes bonding, cooperation, trust and teaches safe touch. Suitable for parents, grandparents (all welcome – no previous yoga practice needed) and children aged 3-12 years old.
Classes are held on Wednesdays and Saturdays in St John the Divine, Garratt Lane, Earlsfield and Tuesdays afternoons and Thursdays mornings at St Paul’s Community Centre in Southfields.
- Preschoolers (from 2 and half) Earlsfield: Wednesday 9.45am + 3pm and Southfields: Thursday 9.45am
- Reception + KS1 Earlsfield: Wednesday 3.45pm and Southfields: Tuesday 3.45pm
- KS2 Earlsfield: Wednesday 4.30pm and Southfields: Tuesday 4.30pm
Family Yoga: Saturday 10am in Earlsfield.
Toddler Yoga: Earlsfield: Wednesday 10.30am and Southfields: Thursday 10.30am
Butterfly Kids Yoga is offering Clapham Mums 10% off using the code DWW471 (first class is free).