We have created a list of classes that are for babies, toddlers, and older children. We have everything from sports to art and craft, coding to dance, and everything in between! Please check the website for exact dates.
Whether you’re starting your tennis journey or looking to fine tune your technique, All Star Tennis structured lessons will help you improve your game. After School Clubs will run for the half term at all venues except King George’s Park where they will continue under the floodlights, and Saturday Clubs will run for the full term at all venues.
Age: 3 years to teens
Location: Wandsworth Common, King George’s Park, Tooting Common, Leaders Gardens, Furzedown Rec, Wandsworth Park
Amanda’s Action Club offer fun and active physical development classes for children ages 4 months to 3 years.
Age: 4 months to 3 years
Location: Broomwood Methodist Church, Kyrle Road (off Broomwood Road), Wandsworth, London, SW11 6BD
Dates and Times: Classes commence from Thursday 2nd September. Times: 9.45am to 10.30am and 10.30am to 11.15am
Art-K Clapham provides weekly art classes for children ages 6-16 and adults, running throughout the Autumn term. Children will explore materials such as clay, water colour paints, acrylic paints, oil pastels, soft pastels and sketching pencils through a mixture of 2D and 3D projects.
Location: 40 North St, Clapham Common, SW4 0HD
Dates and Times: Term begins on 4th September
- Monday 4.15pm to 5.30pm, 6.15pm to 7.30pm
- Tuesday 4.30pm to 5.45pm
- Wednesday 4.15pm to 5.30pm
- Thursday 3.45pm to 5.00pm, 5.20pm to 6.35pm
- Friday 4.15pm to 5.30pm
- Saturday 9.00am to 10.30am, 11.15 to 12.45pm, 2.00pm to 3.30pm
- Sunday 9.00am to 10.30am, 11.15 to 12.45pm, 2.00pm to 3.30pm
Age: 6-16 years
Ashley Dance Academy offer Royal Academy of Dance Ballet, musical theatre Jazz and Tap classes in a friendly and professional environment. Fun movement classes are available for pre-schoolers, building confidence and coordination. All ages and abilities welcome!
Age: For children from 2 years to adults
Locations: St. Barnabas Church, Clapham Common Northside
Baby sensory is a multi-award winning class specifically designed for babies from birth to 13 months. The classes assist with early learning and development through a variety of activities including: signing, massage, light shows, brain games, messy play, songs and puppet shows.
Age: For babies from birth to 13 months
Dates, Times and Locations:
- Monday @ Balham Scout Centre: 9.45am – 10.30am (birth to 13 months), 11.00am – 11.45am (seven to 13 months), 12.15pm – 01.00pm (birth to six months), 01.30pm – 02.15pm (birth to 13 months)
- Tuesday @ Balham Scout Centre: 9.45am – 10.30am (birth to 13 months), 11.00am – 11.45am (seven to 13 months), 12.15pm – 01.00pm (birth to six months), 01.30pm – 02.15pm (birth to 13 months)
- Wednesday @ Effra Space, Brixton: 10.00am – 10.35am (birth to 13 months), 11.00am – 11.35am (birth to 13 months), 12.00pm – 12.35pm (birth to six months), 01.00pm – 01.35pm (birth to 13 months)
- Thursday @ Clapham Methodist Church: 9.45am – 10.30am (birth to 13 months), 11.00am – 11.45am (seven to 13 months), 12.15pm – 01.00pm (birth to six months), 01.30pm – 02.15pm (birth to 13 months)
- Friday @ MyGym Battersea – 10.00am – 10.35am (birth to 13 months), 11.00am – 11.35am (birth to 13 months), 12.00pm – 12.35pm (birth to six months)
BE.Dance classes focus on commercial dance, with fresh and fun choreography and also teach tap, musical theatre and lyrical dance styles. Taught by highly qualified and enthusiastic teachers, BE.Dance will motivate, encourage and inspire everyone who joins.
Ages: 4-18 years
Days and Locations:
- Monday-Friday, Fresh Ground, 68 Battersea Rise, SW11 1EQ
- Thursday All Saints Church, Brundell Road, SW17 8DQ
- Saturday Alderbrook School, Oldridge Road, SW12 8PP
Are you looking for a fun after school club for your children that will benefit the mind and the body? Would you like to spend some quality time with your children having fun together? Butterfly Kids Yoga Club offer toddler yoga, children’s yoga and family yoga classes in Wandsworth and Southfields. First class is free!
Age: walkers to 12 years
Location: St John the Divine, Garratt Lane, Earlsfield and St Paul’s Community Centre in Southfields.
Dates and Times:
- Kids Yoga:
- Preschoolers (from 2 and half) Earlsfield: Wednesday 9.45am + 3pm and Southfields: Thursday 9.45am
- Reception + KS1 Earlsfield: Wednesday 3.45pm and Southfields: Tuesday 3.45pm
- KS2 Earlsfield: Wednesday 4.30pm and Southfields: Tuesday 4.30pm
- Family Yoga: Saturday 10am in Earlsfield.
- Toddler Yoga: Earlsfield: Wednesday 10.30am and Southfields: Thursday 10.30am
⭐ Clapham Mums partner: 10% off first term using the code DWW471
GetSetGo! Family Club in Putney offers a range of clubs and classes for all ages of children including their swim, ballet & martial arts academies. There are also fitness classes for grown ups and a range of prenatal, postnatal and parent/baby classes on offer too. 7 days a week
Age: 0 -15 years
Location: Tileman House, 133 Upper Richmond Rd, London SW15 2TR
Hartbeeps offers musical, magical and multi-sensory sessions for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers! To join the exciting adventures, find your nearest class on the website.
Age: 0 to 4 years old
Locations, Dates and Times:
- Contact Centre, Clapham Common, SW4 9EH on Mondays. Times: 1 pm Baby bells (newborn), 2 pm Baby bells (newborn), 3 pm Beeps (sitting/ standing), 4 pm Happy house (toddlers and siblings)
- Fresh Ground, 68 Battersea Rise, SW11 1EQ on Thursdays. Times: 2 pm Baby bells (newborn), 3 pm Beeps (sitting/standing), 4 pm Happy house (toddlers and siblings)
Jigsaw Performing Arts Schools offer drama, singing and dance classes for children aged 3-18 at Chestnut Grove Academy. Their classes are an excellent way to build confidence and social skills whilst engaging in exciting, fun and inspiring sessions.
Age: For children 3 – 18 years
Location: Chestnut Grove Academy, Balham, SW12 8JZ
Dates and Times: Classes are on Saturdays
- 3-4 years: 9.30 am – 11.00 am, 11.30 am – 1.00 pm (£30 two-week trial)
- 5- 6 years: 9.30 am – 11.00 am, 11.30 am -1.00 pm (£30 two-week trial)
- 7-18 years: 10 am – 1.00 pm (£60 two-week trial)
⭐ FREE welcome bag and t-shirt to all Clapham Mums.
Lavender Leonardos is a small independent, children’s art studio set in a unique creative space in Battersea. Their mission is to teach and inspire children and adults of all levels of experience, in a fun and friendly environment.
Age: 6 years+
Location: Lavender Hill, SW11 5QL
The Little Giants Volleyball club has established juniors’ sessions seven days a week for two age groups: 7 to 12 years old and 12 to 18 years old.
Age: 7-18 years
Location: Clapham Leisure Centre, Caius House Youth Centre, Crystal Palace NSC, Brixton Recreation Centre
⭐ Clapham Mums partner: 20% off, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be taught by Bolshoi, Mariinsky and English National Ballet Professionals! London Russian Ballet School, is 5 mins walk from Clapham North, and they welcome boys and girls 6-12years of all levels, to attend Ballet, Stretch & Contemporary daily. Bursaries available, enquiries – email@example.com.
Age: 6-12 years
Location: 42 Clapham Manor Street London SW4 6DZ
⭐ Clapham Mums partner: 10% off using the code CM10.
Young Company members are encouraged to use theatre and the arts to build confidence and develop skills in an inclusive, safe and fun environment. These dynamic sessions cover different aspects of creating new theatre –including script-writing, directing, acting and stage design.
Age: 5 to 16 years
Location: Omnibus Theatre
Dates and Times: Saturday mornings
- 9am – 10am 5 – 7 year olds
- 10am – 11am 8 – 10 year olds
- 11:15am – 1pm 11 – 16 year olds
After school football for children in Reception through to Year Five led by popular former professional player Mel Capleton. The session will involve learning new skills, practising drills and finishing with a game.
Saturday football for kids 3-12 years, split by age groups. technique of each child, aimed at working on mobility, fitness, technical ability, strategy and social skills. Every week, children play small-sided games so they all have the opportunity to get plenty of touches of the ball as well as helping them to become more comfortable and improve their skills – vital to a child’s development and growing confidence.
Age: 2 to 14 years
Location: Wandsworth Common in the Dog Free Zone (the fenced off area next to the Skylark Cafe by Dorlcote Road).
The Playball programs follow a holistic approach and offer learning opportunities and experiences relating to the cognitive, physical, social and emotional development of the child. Playball takes advantage of developmental windows of opportunity by providing a wide range of suitable movement skills and physical activities in a safe and secure environment – perfect for optimal learning!
Location: Clapham Common, Battersea Park, South Park Fulham, St Lukes Chelsea, Brockwell Park, Dulwich Park, Greenwich Park
Pointe black is a Black owned ballet school in Battersea, offering classes to all ages! Their youngest student of 16 months, all the way to esteemed adult class, there is truly something for everybody. But this is more than just ballet, they campaign for racial equity, diversity and inclusion with the ballet world, as well as providing a studio where everyBODY is included.
Location: St John Bosco College
Ages, Dates, and Times:
- Adults class £11 : Saturday’s 12noon – 1pm
- G Troupe class £5 (under 5’s): 1:30pm – 2pm
- J Troupe class £10 (5 – 10’s): 2pm – 3pm
- M Troupe class £10 (11 – 14): 3pm – 4pm
Pop School & Stage Academy prides itself in offering first class performing arts training for stage and screen in a supportive and fun environment.
Age: children aged 6-16 years
Location: St Anne’s School, St Ann’s Hill, SW18 2RU
Dates and Times: Classes are on Saturdays: Little Stage Academy (4-6 yrs) 10:00 am – 11:30 am & 11:30 am – 1 pm and Pop School & Stage Academy (6-16 yrs) 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
⭐free trial and uniform t-shirt upon enrolment with discount code WCD768 when booking trial
The fun, structured play sessions are for boys and girls from 2-7 years old and take them on a journey of sporting imagination with engaging and energetic coaches supporting them every step of the way whilst teaching how to catch, pass, kick, run with the ball and play as part of a team. Rugbytots offer a FREE trial before signing up .
Age: 2-7 years
Location: Fresh Ground, Battersea Rise, SW11 1EQ
Dates and Times: Classes are held on Saturdays
- 8.35am – 9.05 am – 2years – 3.5 years (although we can take children from 18 months)
- 9.10am – 9.55 am – 3.5 years – 5 years
- 10am – 2 years – 3.5 years
- 10.35am – 5 years – 7 years
⭐ Clapham Mums partner: 10% off first term, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your code
Stagecoach performing arts Putney offers drama, dance and singing classes for children 4 to 18 years every Friday and Saturday at Brandlehow school SW15. Two week trials are available, no experience necessary just bags of enthusiasm!
Location: Brandlehow School
Ages, Dates, and Times:
Early Stages (90 minutes) : 4 to 6 years
- Fridays: 4.15pm
- Saturdays: 9.00am, 9.15 am, 11.15am & 2.15pm
Main Stages (3hours): 6 to 18 years
- Fridays: 5pm
- Saturdays: 10am or 2.30pm
Teddy Tennis inspires children to get active and to learn to play tennis. It works by combining music, pictures and teddy bear characters into a totally interactive learning adventure that young children love.
Location: Battersea Park, Battersea, London SW11 4NJ
Ages: 2- 6+ yrs
Award winning live music classes for babies and toddlers designed to super-charge your little one’s social and developmental skills! Book by the block online for 20% discount or drop in and pay by the class.
Age: From babies from 4 months to 5 years
Dates, Time and Locations:
- Tuesdays at St Thomas’ Church, Telford Avenue, Streatham Hill, SW2 4XW with Tin Pan Harry at 9.45am and 10.30am ages 6months-3 years
- Wednesdays at St Barnabas’ Church, Clapham Common Northside, SW4 9SW with Tin Pan Annie at 3pm (babies), 3.45pm and 4.30pm for mixed ages 6 months-4 years
- Thursdays at St Barnabas’ Church, Clapham Common Northside, SW4 9SW with Tin Pan Harry at 9.45am and 10.30am for 6months-3 years and 11.15am for babies
⭐ Clapham Mums partner: 20% discount off your first booking of 6 classes or more. Please contact Tin Pan Annie to avail this offer.
Try Time Kids Rugby are passionate about getting children running around outside whatever the weather, being active, having loads of fun and learning valuable, lifelong skills. Book a trial and come try them out.
Location: Battersea Park (near the Albert car park just outside the café), Clapham Common (next to bandstand and cafe), Wandsworth Common (near the playground and café), Streatham Common on Saturdays and Tooting Common on Sundays
Date: Saturday and Sunday mornings from September 4th
Age: For children between 2 to 7 years